At the end of their meeting in Nicosia (Cyprus) the six month chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers was passed from Cyprus to the Czech Republic. The priorities for the country’s chairmanship include
1. Protecting the human rights of persons belonging to vulnerable or disadvantaged groups and promoting gender equality
2. Strengthening the rule of law
3. Supporting local and regional democracy and public administration reforms
4. Promoting human rights education and linguistic skills
5. Co-operation and co-ordination with other international organisations
Read details here.
8th February 2021