On the occasion of International Women's Day, the European Commission published its priorities in the area of gender equality.
The Strategic engagement focuses on the following five priority areas:
1. Increasing female labour market participation and equal economic independence;
2. Reducing the gender pay, earnings and pension gaps and thus fighting poverty among women;
3. Promoting equality between women and men in decision-making;
4. Combating gender-based violence; protecting and supporting victims;
5. Promoting gender equality and women's rights across the world.
6th October 2021
9th July 2021