Central and Eastern European Industry Federations in Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and Slovenia sent a letter to the EU Commissioner Věra Jourová on Safe Harbor, asking her to:
1. Accelerate the negotiations leading to a prompt conclusion of a revised Safe Harbor agreement
2. Help provide certainty to European businesses by:
- Keeping issuing guidance for businesses on how to move forward and deal with the current legal uncertainty;
- Aiming to coordinate action from Data Protection Authorities though the Art. 29 Working Party, to avoid disruptions in the EU digital single market. If national regulators start providing individual guidance without consistency – as we have seen in recent days - the complexity and fragmentation of the process will become unmanageable;
- Securing an adequate transition period in the enforcement approach to allow companies to move to alternative ways of transfer.
28th November 2019
27th January 2020