Government Restrictions of Activities inside the Czech Republic
All current measures can be found here.
Government decrees in English can be found here.
On November 13, The Ministry of Health introduced a 5-stage PES (Protiepidemický systém)
nation-wide system based on the index of risk (scale 0-100) as an improved tool to indicate the level of Covid-19 emergency in the Czech Republic (green (score up to 20), yellow (score up to 40), orange (score up to 60), red (score up to 75) and purple stage). The index will be calculated on a daily basis. Based on the index value, shifts between stages will be possible. The assessment will be published regularly and the shift to a different color stage will take place if recommended by the Health Ministry and approved by the Government.
- Measures valid December 27, 2020 - January 22, 2021:
- From December 27, the Government tightened the crisis measures from Stage 4 to Stage 5, with exceptions, of the PES system, based on the Ministry of Health´s recommendations. According to the emergency measures currently in force, face masks are obligatory both outdoors and indoors if the social distance is less than 2 meters.
- Ban on free movement is in place and night curfew between 9 pm and 5 am will be reintroduced. It will be possible to hold weddings, funerals and religious gatherings for up to 15 people, religious gatherings for up to 10% of seat capacity, under strict hygienic measures (exceptions for Christmas holy mass). The limit for the gathering of non-family members has been decreased from six to two people.
- After January 4 until January 10, only grades 1 and 2 of elementary schools wil return, older pupils and students will switch to online education. Kindergartens and special schools will remain open, universities will operate under listed conditions. Visits to the inpatient health care facilities, homes for the elderly and homes with a special regime have been allowed since Saturday December 5 with negative Covid-19 tests not older than 48 hours; costs will be covered by the Ministry of Labour through its support program.
- From December 27, operation of restaurants, shopping mall (no wifi) food courts will be possible only via take-away windows, hotel restaurants only serving the hotel gueats 5am-9pm, or serving customers via their take-away windows. Food delivery is not affected. Hotels and accommodation facilities can serve only business travellers, foreigners stranded in the country and other listed exceptions. Alcohol drinking or selling over take-away windows in public places continues to be banned.
- From December 27, most retail units in shopping centers and most shops and service providers will be closed (listed catgories, some measures apply from December 24), and those that remain open will be obliged to follow strict hygienic conditions (limited number of persons, 2m distance between customers, 15 m2 per customer). Indoor sports activities are not allowed, max. of two people can perform sports outdoors. Cultural institutions will be closed (no exceptions).