22nd February 2016

European Investment Bank lending in Czech Republic 2011-2015 | EIB opens Prague office | Q&A on EIP, EFSI

Eurpean Investment Bank's investment in the Czech Republic came to EUR 324 million in 2015. Of this amount, 77% benefitted the country’s SMEs and Midcaps, while the remaining 23% financed small-scale investments targeting energy efficiency measures. Over the past five years (2011-2015) the EIB has invested EUR 4.3 billion in the Czech Republic. SMEs account for 48% of this figure, reflecting the Bank’s priority objectives in the EU in recent years.

Between 2011 and 2015, EIB invested in industry, services, agriculture (19% of the total lending in the Czech Republic), energy (16%), transport, telecommunications (15%), and water, sewerage, solid waste, urban development (3%). Read more.

Today, EIB opened its Prague office. Read details about EFSI in the Czech Republic in an article by Euractiv.cz. FAQs and answers on EFSI and the European Investment Plan. More details provided by the European Commission here and here (in Czech). Read an interview for Euractiv.cz with EFSI Executive Director Wilhelm Molterer (in Czech).

View a video (full version) from the conference European Investment Plan - a tool for stimulating economic growth held in Prague on 22 February2016 (in Czech/English) or a shortened version of the video (in Czech). 

Members of the American Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic