The American Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic comments on the draft amendment to Labor Code written by the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs. The comments are attached below (in Czech).
The Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Michaela Marksová (CSSD) would like to present the draft amendment to the Government by the end of April 2016, it should come into force on April 2017. The proposed amendment includes:
- Exclusion of certain rules for scheduling working hours and overtime for senior management,
- Counting holiday by hours,
- Introducing home-office rules, in particular concretization costs paid by the employer,
- Stricter rules for work on the basis of agreements on work performed outside employment,
- Need the consent of the employee when moving to another job because of his inability to perform his/her work so far,
- Adjustments to the rules of mass layoffs and service of documents employee, who does not work.
All comments to the bill, including the comments by regions, ministries, the Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic, Labor Unions and associations of professionals are available here (in Czech).
Click also on the statement by the Association of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and crafts of the Czech Republic.
18th November 2020
30th December 2020
11th November 2020