On December 9, the Amcham held a discussion on affordable housing, featuring Prague City Hall Council member and Deputy Mayor for Prague 7 (Praha Sobě) Lenka Burgerová, IPR SDM Section Director Jaromír Hainc, co-Executive Director of The John Marshall Law School Fair Housing Legal Support Center and Fair Housing Legal Clinic professor Michael Seng and Head of Housing Policy Department at the Ministry of Regional Development Marie Mohylová, Deputy Minister for Coordination of EU funds and international relations Section Daniela Grabmüllerová, PasserInvest Business Development Director Eduard Forejt, and Senior Associate at Squire Patton Boggs Lenka Nová.
We discussed how the public administration on both national and regional levels plans to deal with a lack of housing in Prague and rapidly growing prices.
- T-Mobile and VŠB-TUO will sign a memorandum on long-term cooperation
- Business customers will have an opportunity to test the applications of 5G technology
Starting last December, a total of 10 new Mitsubishi hybrid trucks began distributing Coca-Cola beverages around the wider center of Prague. Greener alternative of transport will reduce CO2 emissions by up to 23%. Due to the lack of drivers in the market, the company also decided to create its own team of 12 drivers instead of hiring external carriers.
- The electrification of transport and heat, hydrogen power and smart grid infrastructure are all essential investment areas
- Matching capital with capacity requires new investment models
- China retains top position on renewables index despite slowdown
To meet net-zero targets, investment is needed not just in renewable generation, but also in the electrification of transport and heat, hydrogen power and smart grid infrastructure, according to the 54th EY Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI).
What’s new in the amendment to the Czech General Fiscal Code? More straightforward review procedures, lower default interest, electronic communication with the taxman, among others.
Strategic Directions for Czech Economic Policy
- 1) Transition to High-Tech Manufacturing
- 2) The City Campus as Idea Factory
- 3) Government Programs That Drive Innovation
- 4) Government as a Competitive Advantage
In Policy Pipeline policy developments in the Czech Republic and abroad are monitored to bring better understanding of current topics and trends.