On October 13, the AmCham Health Care Council and HOP (Voice of Oncology Patients) organized a kick-off public discussion on the National Cancer Control Plan. During the session, Professor Eduard Vrdoljak, Head of the Center for Oncology and Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Split, Croatia, outlined why a plan provides consistent improvements in cancer treatments and patient lives. Deputy Health Minister Alena Šteflová confirmed the Ministry will create a working group to develop a plan, and MP Adam Vojtěch announced he will oversee ZERV (health care national reform advisory body) involvement in the developing of the plan.
Professor Jiří Mayer, Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno presented the proposal to include hematology-oncology into the plan and Ivana Plechatá, Coordinator of patient platform Voice of Oncology Patients (HOP) listed ways in which patient organizations would contribute to the development of the plan.
T-mobile supports the application of eRouška, hospitals, public health authorities and entrepreneurs
- The company immediately responds to the call of the Government of the Czech Republic and sends today and tomorrow to all its customers with smartphones a request from the Ministry of Health to install the eRouška application
- All employees of hospitals and regional public health stations will receive unlimited data during the declared emergency and their connection speeds of the fixed internet will be increased to the maximum
- Small entrepreneurs will receive discounted offers of mobile, data and ICT services
- For corporate customers, a free security audit of the corporate network and a month's security of work from home, infrastructure audit at a discounted price
- Special package including laptop and internet access for schools
Since 5 October 2020, a new protective measure of the Ministry of Health has been in effect, aiming to slow down the spread of COVID-19 in the country. The measure restricts the crossing of borders by both Czech citizens and foreigners, and is closely linked to the ministry’s continuously updated list of states, dividing them into low-risk, low-risk with PCR test required, and high-risk countries.
Deloitte Real Index provides data about real prices of flats in Prague and regional cities. It collects data only from realised sales of flats which were registered in the Real Estate Cadastre in the form of purchase contracts. It compares results with the previous quarter and contrasts prices in the segments of new development, panel buildings and brick buildings.
In September, Czech consumer prices declined below the market expectation as well as below the CNB forecast. Apart from seasonal changes, this was mainly caused by lower prices of food. For the coming months, we expect inflation to continue subsiding. The CNB will wait and see while the financial market speculates on rate cuts.
Strategic Directions for Czech Economic Policy
- 1) Transition to High-Tech Manufacturing
- 2) The City Campus as Idea Factory
- 3) Government Programs That Drive Innovation
- 4) Government as a Competitive Advantage
In Policy Pipeline policy developments in the Czech Republic and abroad are monitored to bring better understanding of current topics and trends.